Destructive right-clik behavior when copying from notes

In Codebook for Windows (Windows 10, 64 bit, multiple builds and editions; multiple machines) , if you double-click an entry having a note to edit it, click-hold-and-drag to highlight some text, then right click on the highlighted (highlit?) text to activate the context menu, the cursor to jumps one position to the left and the copy will, as expected, be one character short. This behavior is the same on the multitude of Windows boxes on which I use codebook, varying from “Pro” editions with the May update (V 1903), to the latest Enterprise Edition, recently updated to Fall 2018 (V 1809). This behavior has been observed through several updates to both Windows and Codebook - I just kept forgetting to post something about it.

Have a look. It’s mildly irritating.

Hello @pbabcock

Thank you for your report, we were able to reproduce this and will include a fix in our next release of Codebook for Windows. Thanks!

Absolutely my pleasure!

Hey, team! This disturbing behavior is back in Codebook for Windows 4.5.10.0 (It may have been there earlier, but this is the first time I’ve tried this operation…). As a side note, the cursor jumps one position to the right if drag-selecting from right to left, and one position to the left if drag-selecting from left to right.

Hi @pbabcock

Thank you for your report. We were able to reproduce the described behavior within note fields, but not with note entries. We will work on a fix and include it in our next release. Thanks!

Hi @pbabcock

We’ve just released a new version of Codebook for Windows that addresses the clipping of text selection when displaying the context menu on a note field. When you get the opportunity, would you try the latest release and let us know your result?

Doh! Sorry - I should have been more specific. It was indeed the notes FIELDS I was referring to (actually: both times). And the new release has whacked the issue! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @pbabcock

Great, we’re happy to hear everything is working well now. Thanks again for the report!