Does Sync require TLS 1.0?

Hi there, I recently disabled SSL 2.0, TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 on my PC via the registry to see what would break. I was very surprised to find that Codebook was one of the things that did!

It appears Codebook’s Sync with Google Drive function requires TLS 1.0. Can this be true? If so, is there something I can do about it from my end, or would this require an update to Codebook to resolve?

Many thanks for your time.

Hello @LordScree,

Thank you for reaching out. It appears you are referring specifically to the Windows version of Codebook, is that correct? The production version of Codebook for Windows targets .NET Framework 4.0. This version of the .NET Framework limits the security protocol versions the application can utilize to SSL 3.0, and TLS 1.0.

Our next platform update to Codebook will include a new target of .NET Framework 4.6.2 on Windows. With this version of the .NET Framework, it will allow our application to specify support for SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.

The TLS handshake protocol allows the client to provide a list of security protocols supported, however, the server (i.e., Google Drive in your scenario) selects the preferred protocol.