4.2.1 on Windows - "deleted sync.lock"

Getting an error having just installed release 4.2.1 on Windows 10. Each time I try to sync it gives me an error: “Deleted sync.lock, please restart sync if no other clients synchronizing”.

Hi @phobos512

I’m sorry to hear about the issue with the latest release of Codebook for Windows, I would be happy to help. Are you syncing with a cloud provider such as Dropbox or Google Drive, or are you syncing over local WiFi?

Google Drive across all my devices (two laptops and an Android phone) since back in the STRIP days.

Hello @phobos512

Would you mind logging into the Google Drive web interface and navigate into the Zetetic folder, then into the Shards folder. Do you see 1 or more sync.lock files present? If so, and if you don’t have any other Codebook clients currently syncing, would you delete those files and then try your sync again?

There are 41 sync.lock files in my Google Drive :dizzy_face:

I deleted them and it seems to be proceeding without giving an error now.

Hi @phobos512

Thank you for your follow-up, we are happy to hear removing those files allowed the sync to complete! We are investigating the issue here locally to determine the cause and then will work on a resolution to address the issue in a future release.