How to reset default backup folder?

MBP, OSX 10.10.5, Codebook Version 3.3.1 (487)

Somehow the local backup folder is now /Users/steveitano/Dropbox/Zetetic/Zetetic/Zetetic

I tried to change it back to the default location which I think is > ~/Library/Containers/net.zetetic.Strip.mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Strip

I can find that folder through Finder, but when I try to find that location from Codebook, “Local Scyn Folder” I can’t find the “container” folder.

I have no idea where the current location folder came from…

Hi @sitano

Thank you for your support of Codebook and for posting here.

The Backup folder and Local Sync Folder are two separate things. Backups are taken (by default) prior to each sync operation and take a snapshot of your database, make a copy, and store it in the Backups location. So your backup folder will contain multiple encrypted databases. Whereas your Local Sync Folder is similar to every other sync operation where it will only maintain one copy of your encrypted database and every time you perform a Local Folder Sync it will exchange changes between the database stored in the Local Folder Sync location and your current database.

I tried to change it back to the default location which I think is > ~/Library/Containers/net.zetetic.Strip.mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Strip

So to locate this directory, open a finder window, and select Go → Go to Folder and paste the entire location into that line: ~/Library/Containers/net.zetetic.Strip.mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Strip (including the leading ~)
GoToFolder

Within that location should be a default.strip package (holds your current Codebook data) and a Backups folder (where your backups are located). This Backups folder won’t be created until at least one backup is taken at this location. So if your previous backup location was different, you’ll need to take a backup to ensure that the new Backups folder is created. You can take a backup manually by going to File → Backups → Backup

I can find that folder through Finder, but when I try to find that location from Codebook, “Local Scyn Folder” I can’t find the “container” folder.

When you have the “Local Folder Sync” dialog up, you can hit the hotkey for Go → Go To Folder (Cmd + Shift + G) to bring up the go to folder dialog and then paste that location into it. Although this won’t perform a Local Folder Sync with your already existing Backups.

Please let me know if this clears things up, if you’re able to locate your Backups folder and if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Cheers,
Micah