Migrating Codebook2 notes to Codebook 3

The migration of notes from Codebook2 to Codebook3, following your instructions. My Codebook2 notes do no appear anywhere in Codebook 3.

Hi @gshilling

Sorry to hear your Codebook 2 notes didn’t appear in Codebook 3 after the migration process. Are these the instructions you used: https://www.zetetic.net/codebook/upgrade ?

Your Codebook 2 notes should be imported into the “Notes” Category of Codebook 3.

Did all the alerts pop-up as shown in the instructional screenshots?
-> When you first opened Codebook 3 after selecting “Migrate” in Codebook 2, did it prompt you to accept the import?
-> Did the import successful alert with the number of notes imported pop up as shown in the last screenshot?

Could you try the migration process one more time, and let me know the answers to those questions if it doesn’t work?

Your Codebook 2 notes should be imported into the “Notes” Category of Codebook 3.

Did all the alerts pop-up as shown in the instructional screenshots?
-> When you first opened Codebook 3 after selecting “Migrate” in Codebook 2, did it prompt you to accept the import?
-> Did the import successful alert with the number of notes imported pop up as shown in the last screenshot?

Could you try the migration process one more time, and let me know the answers to those questions if it doesn’t work?

I tried it again and found that what I was missing was selecting Import in Settings in Codebook 3. When I did that, everything came in find.

Thanks.

Gary

P.S. My first attempt to respond got rejected because of too many links in the email.

@gshilling

Excellent. Glad to hear the migration worked after completing the missing step.

Have a good day.

Cheers,
Micah