If you’re still using Codebook Secure Notebook (version 1.6x) and haven’t migrated to Codebook 3, but would like to – Here are the steps:
Easiest Method (Not possible if purchased in French App Store)
The first thing to try is updating to Codebook 2.0.x (Codebook Secure Notebook that has the ability to migrate to Codebook 3). Because Codebook 2.0.x was discontinued July 4th, 2016, it is no longer available for download through the App Store.
You may still be able to access the 2.0.x update through Updates → Purchased tab of the iTunes Store. If you’re able to update to Codebook 2.0.x please follow the steps here: https://www.zetetic.net/codebook/upgrade to complete the migration process.
If the easier migration method above doesn’t work or isn’t possible. You can still manually migrate your Codebook Secure Notebook database to Codebook 3.
Here are the steps:
- Download Codebook 3 if you don’t already have it installed (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/codebook-password-manager/id316817719?mt=8)
- Download a tool called iExplorer (https://macroplant.com/iexplorer) onto your Desktop/Laptop.
Note: if you’re experiencing difficulties with iExplorer, other users have had success with PhoneBrowse
- Plug your phone into your computer.
- Take a full iTunes backup of your phone – Apple has good instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977
- Launch iExplorer, On the first screen click “Continue with demo”
- Locate your
codebook.dbfile (your encrypted Codebook v1.6.x notes database) in the iTunes backup you just took (Backup Date - Phone Name → Backup Explorer → Apps → net.zetetic.Codebook → Documents –
Right click on
codebook.db and choose “Export to Folder” and select a location to export it to (Desktop for example)
- Contact us at email@example.com to receive a version of Codebook 3 that will allow you to move this file into place for import.
If you’re using macOS:
- Once this version is installed, open iExplorer again and select Your Device Name → Apps → Codebook → Documents and drag and drop the
codebook.dbfile that you exported to your Desktop previously into that folder
If you’re using Windows:
Once this version is installed, download a tool called PhoneBrowse and install it.
With your device still plugged in, launch PhoneBrowse. Select Application → Codebook 3 (TestFlight version) → Documents. Click the Import button and select
codebook.dbfrom the location you exported it to in the previous step.
For either platform complete the final step from the standard migration instructions
- Now launch Codebook 3 on your iPhone and follow step 4 from the standard migration instructions to import your Codebook 2 notes into Codebook 3: https://www.zetetic.net/codebook/upgrade/