Multiple users on a MAC

I have multiple users on a MAC and iPhones. Can I use a single license for all users and can each users access a separate database? If not is there a solution using Codebook for this?

Hi @kmillett

Thank you for using Codebook and contacting us.

Codebook for iOS is purchased via the iTunes App Store and is associated with the Apple ID you used to purchase it. Apple offers something called the Family Sharing where you’re able to share purchase made under your Apple ID with the rest of your family.

Codebook for macOS can be purchased either via the Mac App Store or directly from us. If you purchased Codebook for macOS via the Mac App Store, it is also associated with the Apple ID you used to purchase it and can be setup to use Family Sharing as linked above.

If you purchased Codebook for macOS directly from us, you can use the same license key to install Codebook for macOS on up to 5 macOS machines for personal use (if you can no longer find your license key please write us at support@zetetic.net and we can re-send it to you).

Can I use a single license for all users

The Codebook End User License Agreement permits using the same license for “Individual personal use on up to 5 computers”.

can each users access a separate database

A user’s Codebook database is stored locally on your device(s) and in your personal cloud account when you sync with Google Drive or Dropbox. So each user can definitely (and by default) has their own individual Codebook database.

Please let me know if this clears things up, and if there’s anything else we can do to assist. Thanks!

Cheers,
Micah