Sharing my Codebook

Can I share my data with another computer at work?

Hi @fredsgr

Thank you for using Codebook and posting.

The Codebook for Desktop license permits installation on up to 5 of your Computers (of the platform associated with the license purchased – i.e. 5 macOS computers, or 5 Windows computers).

If you’re looking to share/sync data with another computer that belongs to you, you’ll want to install Codebook on that other computer, set it up with the same master password, and then perform a sync operation to exchange data between them. There’s additional information in this post: Getting Started with Sync about the different sync options and steps for performing a sync operation.

Codebook doesn’t support partial sharing, so if you’re looking to share only a few of your records with another co-worker this isn’t currently possible. This is something we’re interested in implementing in the future, but it will require improvements to our current sync system which we’re working on now.

If you no longer have a copy of your license, or need a link to the most recent installer/zip please feel free to reach out to us at support@zetetic.net

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Cheers,
Micah