Can I move Codebook License to a new device?

I read that Codebook for Desktop license allows installation on up to 4 PC’s for the same platform (i.e. if you purchase a Codebook for Windows license you can install it on 4 different Windows PC’s).

if I install it on 4 devices (PCs) and later retire a PC… can I recover that license from the retired PC and re-use it on another PC?

I’m new to Codebook (actually just heard about it today and looking into it after it being recommended by a co-worker as a LastPass replacement option)…

Hi @tommarchant

Thanks for your interest in Codebook and for posting to the discussion forum.

Yes, that should be fine. Referencing the End User License Agreement listed here: Codebook End User License Agreement - Zetetic

We hereby grant you a nonexclusive license to install a copy of the Software for your individual personal use on up to 5 computers, for a perpetual term, provided that you have obtained and paid, in full, the fee for the license.

The basic gist here is that you’re permitted to use/install Codebook on up to 5 computers (of the same platform) for concurrent (personal) use. For example, if you’re using Codebook on 3 computers, and replace one of those computers (and discontinue/uninstall Codebook from the old one), it would still only be considered usage of 3 computers concurrently.

I’m new to Codebook (actually just heard about it today and looking into it after it being recommended by a co-worker as a LastPass replacement option)…

We offer free 14-day trials of Codebook here: Codebook Password Manager and Data Vault - Zetetic

There’s also some good Getting Started documentation here: Codebook Help - Getting Started with Codebook which walks through the basic features/usage of Codebook.

And some additional more advanced features/help links at this documentation index page: Codebook Help

Let me know if this answers your question and if there’s anything else I can do to assist.