Odd secret agent paste behavior

@rickcogley

Thanks for trying that out and confirming my suspicions. This is the fix we were planning for this issue:

• Detect if the user is using a non “English U.S. (standard)” key layout.
  • Detect if the user has a “English U.S. (standard)” key layout enabled (but not selected).

if the above to criteria are met when Secret Agent is activated to fill a field:

• Store the currently selected key layout (to switch back to later).
  • Temporarily switch to the “English U.S. (standard)” key layout right before entering the Secret Agent value.
  • Switch back to the user’s previous key layout selection after the Secret Agent value is input.

The main issue I see with this approach is if users are using Secret Agent to fill international characters. In my opinion entering standard characters properly (for example what’s generated from the password generator using the random setting) outweighs entering international characters properly. Could I ask if you use secret agent to fill any Japanese (or other international) characters ?

If the criteria isn’t met, then Secret Agent would behave as it normally does (use whatever key layout the user has selected currently)

So I believe this would solve the “main issue” I outlined above. If a user is mainly using Secret Agent to enter international characters, all they would have to do is leave the “English U.S. (standard)” key layout disabled in settings.

Let me know what you think of this approach, and whether you use Secret Agent to enter any international characters (if you don’t mind sharing it publicly).

Cheers,
Micah