Problem after upgrade to macOS 10.12.2

Ok, I tried pasting into some various apps via clipboard copy-paste or via SA enter-to-paste.

Certain passwords appear to force my IME (ATOK) to kick in, and try to convert the password to Japanese. This is after selecting English in the selector, and making sure it’s switched. Wth?!

Yesterday when I wrote the above about changing the PGP passphrase, and using SA to paste one in, I did indeed observe that simply all spaces got stripped. Today however, it’s trying to switch to Japanese.

If I copy-paste, all cases are fine.

The programs I use that might have impact are:

• ATOK for Japanese entry
  • Ergonis Typinator

Regards
Rick

@rickcogley

Sorry for the delay in response here.

There’s still some strange keyboard behavior happening in macOS 10.12.3, we believe it should be resolved in 10.12.4 (from testing the beta version) – We’re hopeful that this will fix the issue for you.

I’ll try to reach back out after 10.12.4 is released and see if the unexpected behavior is still happening.

Cheers,
Micah

1 Like

Hi @mmoore, great, let’s see what happens.
Regards
Rick

@rickcogley

It looks like 10.12.4 was officially released. When you get a chance to update, let me know if you are still seeing the unexpected keyboard behavior.

Cheers,
Micah

Hi - in 10.12.4, Safari still does not work, pressing the button or doing cmd-R. Chrome Version 57.0.2987.98 (64-bit) works for both.

–Rick

Hey @rickcogley

Thanks for getting back to me, and sorry to hear that Default Agent Action still isn’t working in Safari for you.

Because it seems to be working with Chrome (and i’m also assuming a basic TextEdit program), I would tend to think it something specific within Safari – Unfortunately we haven’t been able to reproduce this so far, but we’ll continue to investigate.

Does selecting a regular Secret Agent Action (instead of running the default action) work in Safari? How about a regular field from within Secret Agent?

Ok, something specific I noticed. When I entered my GPG passphrase into GPG Keychain via SA, it strips the spaces out. I clicked “show typing” to check it, and noticed there are no spaces. If I simply copy-paste it, it is fine.

Is this still occurring after the 10.12.4 update as well?

Thanks for your continued attention to this.

Cheers,
Micah

Does selecting a regular Secret Agent Action (instead of running the default action) work in Safari? How about a regular field from within Secret Agent?

Hi - same result when selecting the SA action. Selecting regular fields one by one has always worked.

GPG passphrase paste

It’s a different issue for me. When I first reported this, it did indeed strip the spaces. Now, every time I try it, it automatically kicks in the Japanese input entry, which is unrelated to Codebook. I switch to US English, then try SA pasting the passphrase, and at a : combination, for whatever reason, the Japanese input suddenly kicks in. Not sure what that is about but it is consistent.

Thanks for trying @mmoore