Receipt invalid msg received

Worked after update. Failed after resetting ipad
Ipad 15.0. Codebook 4.4.0

Hi @al92780, thanks for contacting us about Codebook and sorry to here about the “invalid Receipt” error. Can you try tapping on the “View Purchases” field and then tap Restore Purchases and see if that resolves the issue.

Cheers,
Don

Hey @al92780 , My apologies, I must have read too quickly and missed that you’re on iOS 15. There is an issue we identified specific to iOS 15 + TestFlight when installing fresh (opposed to on top of the App Store build) where the receipt won’t validate properly. A workaround for now is to download the App Store version of Codebook first, validate your receipt there, then install the TestFlight build on top of the App Store version. Could you give this a try and let me know if this allows you to get out of read-only mode with the TestFlight build? Thanks! You can also reach us at support@zetetic.net for additional help.

Cheers,
Don

That worked.
Thanks

Al

i have also replaced new ipad from zeleris tracking number but still this message popped up. ‘Receipt invalid msg received’

Hey @Colleen_Camacho

Thanks for using Codebook and posting to the discussion forum. Could you try going to Settings > View Purchases and tap Restore Purchases to see if that properly downloads the receipt and validates it for you (you may need to restart your device after). If that doesn’t work, would you reach out to us at support@zetetic.net so we can further troubleshoot the issue with you?

Thanks!