Secret agent window stops appearing after a while

@mmoore Thank you. Yes, I did reproduce the issue again, even after changing the key binding for Secret Agent to something that doesn’t conflict. It occurred after my laptop had been sleeping overnight.

@gonewest818

We just rolled out the next beta version – 4.5.8 (1032) which includes the fix for the issue you reported here.

When you get the opportunity, would you download the beta and let me know if it properly resolves the issue on your end.

To get the beta using the direct version, go to Codebook menu > Preferences > Updates tab, change the Release Channel to Beta and click “Check for Updates”, you will be presented with a Window which has the release notes for the beta and where you can click Download & Install.

If you’re using the Mac App Store version of Codebook, you can temporarily switch over to the direct version to test out the beta using these steps:

1. Go to this link: Download Codebook for macOS - Zetetic and choose “I already have a license”, then download the Codebook disk image.
  2. Delete Codebook (Mac App Store) from your Applications folder.
  3. Run the Disk Image to install the direct version of Codebook for macOS.
  4. Launch Codebook for macOS and follow the steps above to download the beta.

Let me know the results. Thanks!

Any risk to my data? and how do I remove the beta and switch back after testing the beta?

We recommend syncing a copy of your Codebook data to Google Drive, Dropbox, or another copy of Codebook prior to running a beta version. There are instructions here for syncing if you haven’t before: Codebook Help - Getting Started with Sync

That being said, we’ve found the beta very stable and there is a very low likely-hood for any data loss.

how do I remove the beta and switch back after testing the beta?

If you’re using the direct version, once you download the beta you can switch the release channel back to Public via Codebook menu > Preferences > Updates Tab > Release Channel and you will be notified of the production version once it’s available (at which point you can switch back over).

If you’re using the Mac App Store version and temporarily switched to the direct version to test the beta, but would like to stay on the Mac App Store version once the production version is released, I can send you a direct message when the production version is released to let you know to switch back over. The steps for that once the production version is released are to visit the App Store on your machine, search for Codebook, then click the “Cloud with Down arrow” next to it to download the Mac App Store production version overtop (replacing) the beta version in your Applications directory.

@gonewest818

Just to follow up here before you try to switch over to the beta version. We’ve gotten good feedback from testers for this beta version and we release the official production version of Codebook for macOS 4.5.8 this morning, so you should be able to just Check for Updates as you usually do to receive the updated version with the fix instead of switching over to the beta version. (either via Codebook menu > Check for Updates in the direct version, or via the App Store if you have the Mac App Store version)

Let us know if that properly resolves the issue for you. Thanks!

Thanks! I am running 4.5.8 now. Will report back if I see any issues.