Sync is failing with error

a database error accured, sync can not continue… Error: ditto_replicate error processing inserts from change log

can anyone help please. I have updated to latest version today… v3.6.6

Hi @Fahri_Cavusoglu

Thank you for using Codebook and posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry to hear about the sync error.

I have a few follow up questions which should help us determine how to proceed:

1. What devices do you use Codebook on?
  2. What sync method are you using (Dropbox, Google Drive, or WiFi)?
  3. Does Codebook for macOS have your most up-to-date Codebook information? If not, does another device have your most up-to-date information, or do multiple devices have changes that haven’t been seen?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Micah

Hi @mmoore

Thank you for getting back to me…
1 I have it on my mac book pro, imac and iphone X
2 I use dropbox
3 I have added new password in mac book pro and hit sync. that is when i get the error. So my mac book pro has the latest but other 2 devices dont.

i have updated to latest version of Codebook this morning.

I hope that answers your questions
Fahri

Hi @Fahri_Cavusoglu,

Thanks for those answers.

So if Codebook for macOS has the most up-to-date Codebook data, let’s try this:

1. Perform an Overwrite operation one time from Codebook for macOS to Dropbox.
  2. Perform a standard sync with your other 2 devices.
  3. Make a test change on the device that was previously giving the ditto_replicate error, then perform a standard sync with Dropbox from that device and see if the issue doesn’t occur again.

Let me know the results. Thanks!

Cheers,
Micah

1 Like

Hi @mmoore

That seems to work. Thank you very much for your help.

Fahri

@Fahri_Cavusoglu

Excellent. Glad I could help.

I just wanted to mention that I believe this issue was related to something that should be resolved now, but needed to be cleared out from your remote database (the one in Dropbox) which is what the overwrite did.

We’ve also taken steps to prevent this from occurring again in the future in the most recent Codebook for iOS release (From the What’s new in version 3.5.6):

• Fixes sporadic “ditto_reps” sync error that could occur in some edge cases

Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback. Thanks!

Cheers,
Micah