I setup sync with WiFi on the PC
I synced Codebook
I setup sync with WiFi on Android
I synced Codebook

No errors received

THE DATABASE ON ANDROID IS EMPTY!

What is the problem?

Hi @vterpe,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issues you’re experiencing with Codebook, I would be happy to help. I know you have already reached out to our private support email, but I wanted to follow-up with you regarding your posting. I know you have at least previously been apart of the beta testing program for the recent Codebook Cloud public beta. As such, any changes that you have synced using the beta’s have had their database schema versions updated. Those changes are not compatible with our production versions of Codebook.

We also experienced an issue where Google Play was not serving up the beta build of Codebook for Android to our beta testers. This has been addressed and a new Codebook for Android build is now being distributed via Google Play to support manual synchronization with Codebook Cloud based changesets.

Please feel free to write back into support at support@zetetic.net and we would be happy to help get sync going again on your devices. Thank you again for your patience with the beta testing program.

I have installed Codebook for Windows 5.0.3
I have installed Codebook for Android 5.0.4

I have tried syncing via Wi-Fi and Google Drive. Neither works. Both appear to work, but the database on my Android device is empty.

Hi @vterpe,

Is all of your data present on Codebook for Windows and you’re trying to sync it with Codebook for Android? It might be best to try troubleshooting a single sync service for the moment.

Let’s start by making sure you have Desktop WiFi selected as your sync service in both Codebook for Windows and Codebook for Android. Also, can you confirm you have setup the same Sync Key on both Codebook for Windows and Codebook for Android?

Next, would you try initiating a Restore operation from Codebook for Android when you have selected your Windows machine as the computer to use over Desktop WiFi sync? Please follow these instructions for accessing the Restore operation from within Android.

We look forward to hearing your results.

Okay, the restore worked. I can now sync using Wi-Fi.

I tried to sync to Google, but I received an error on the PC. I then deleted the app authorization on Google, and tried to re-establish the link, but it keeps returning The OAuth client was deleted. Using Codebook on Android, I re-established the link, but it still generates an error on the PC.

I tried to sync with Dropbox, and the PC syncs fine, but Android produces an error. A sync lock file already exists.

Hi @vterpe,

Excellent, I’m glad to hear the restore operation worked for you!

It looks like you have installed an older version of the Codebook for Windows beta, 5.0.3. We introduced a change after that beta that adjusts the security scope used within the Google Drive sync which required all Codebook clients to update (details here). This required a change on the Google side which removed the client id which was previously being used, which explain the message you received. Updating to the latest Codebook for Windows beta will resolve this issue. I will send you a private message via Discuss which includes the link to download the latest Codebook for Windows beta (5.0.6). Using the new beta will allow you to sync properly with Google Drive.

The error message you received about the sync lock file already existing should go away as Codebook will clean that file up on a subsequent sync attempt after 2 minutes elapses.

So, clicking on the Update button on Windows has no effect?

Hi @vterpe,

Correct, we are not distributing Codebook Cloud updates via the built-in updater system.

Great!

Dropbox, Drive, and Wi-Fi all sync after both versions have been updated.

Thanks.

Hi @vterpe,

Great, glad to hear everything is properly syncing again!

Thank you,