Codebook agent crashes after a period of time

When I exit the codebook application and it remains running in the system tray, it usually crashes within 24 hours and I must kill the process. The system tray icon becomes unresponsive.

Windows event log shows:
Application: Codebook.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException Stack: at Hardcodet.Wpf.TaskbarNotification.TaskbarIcon.ShowContextMenu(Hardcodet.Wpf.TaskbarNotification.Interop.Point) at Hardcodet.Wpf.TaskbarNotification.TaskbarIcon.OnMouseEvent(Hardcodet.Wpf.TaskbarNotification.Interop.MouseEvent) at Hardcodet.Wpf.TaskbarNotification.Interop.WindowMessageSink.ProcessWindowMessage(UInt32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at Hardcodet.Wpf.TaskbarNotification.Interop.WindowMessageSink.OnWindowMessageReceived(IntPtr, UInt32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.IntGetMessageW(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetMessageW(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.GetMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, IntPtr, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run() at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) at Zetetic.Strip.App.Main()

My system has 12GB RAM and is often less than 50% used, so it is not actually running out of memory.
Windows 8.1

Hello @orev

I’m sorry to hear about the behavior you are experiencing. We haven’t received a report of that before. What version of Codebook for Windows are you running? This can be found in the Help → About window. Are you closing the main window by clicking on the red ‘X’ in the upper right corner of the window, or are you selecting File → Exit Application from the menu? Thanks!

Version 3.0.6.0
Closing using X. Main window and taskbar icon goes away, but system tray icon stays. Click/right click on system tray icon works initially, but stops working usually after it sits overnight.

Hello @orev

Clicking on the ‘X’ will close the main window, however the application with remain running to allow access to Secret Agent. Can you try either closing the application from File menu or the menu available from the systray icon? Do you happen to know if you have a different entry selected each time when you received the error report previously? Thanks!

Yes, clicking the X causes this issue. If I right click in the system tray and completely close the app, obviously it isn’t running anymore so it won’t freeze up. It only happens if I close out of the main window but then do not manually exit out of the system tray icon.

It happens with different items selected, not always the same one.

Hello @orev

Thank you for your report, we will attempt to recreate the issue locally.