Enable app long press shortcuts for IOS14

Wondering if we’ll see an app long-press shortcut menu for Codebook.

I’d just put the Sync command there. Save a bit of time, especially on the iPad version.

Hey @tabugary

Thank you for your support of Codebook and for posting to the discussion forum with this suggestion. We think this might be useful as well and will internally discuss the possibility of including it. One thing I’d like to note is that if we do include it, the shortcut won’t automatically start a sync, instead it would present the Codebook login view and navigate to the Sync View after login. Codebook Sync requires that Codebook be open and unlocked.

Hey @tabugary

I just wanted to follow up with you about this. We’ve included a few Quick Actions for Codebook in the most recent Release (4.3.3): Connecting to the iTunes Store.

Adds Quick Actions for Search, Sync Now, and Create New Entry by long-pressing the Codebook icon on your Home screen (iOS 13+)

Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Hey zetetic

I did notice the new quick actions and think they’re perfect. Just what I’d hoped for.

Remaining a happy Codebook user.

1 Like