Error syncing with Google Drive

Hi,
An update…
I didn’t get round to rebuilding the PC yet, but have just installed the 2004 update. After the restart Windows said my account needed fixing, as it has been saying for a while. Clicking on “fix now” has never worked, but I tried again and it did work. I then tried a Codebook sync, and it worked first time.
So, all is now well.
Thanks,
Dave

Hi @DGibbs

That’s great news, thanks for sharing your update. Please keep us posted in case the behavior changes. Take care!

Hi,
I’m afraid I have the exact same problem again. It started about a month ago and is still the same.
Any more suggestions please?
Dave

Hi @DGibbs,

I’m sorry to hear you are having troubles, I would be happy to help. Would you mind detailing exactly what you are experiencing? Do you receive an error message?

Hi Nick,
It exactly the same as detailed throughout this thread:-

Failed to upload file:c:\users\name\AppData\Roaming\Zetetic LLC\Strip\sync\cloud\sync.lock
An error occurred attempting to create a sync.lock file during synchronization
I’m getting the above two errors when trying to sync with Codebook 4.2.1.0 and Windows 10 with Google Drive. Android phone syncs OK.

Thanks,
Dave

@DGibbs

Hi Dave, I’m Don and I work with Nick here at Zetetic. I see you are on Windows 4.2.1, could you update to Windows 4.2.2 and try the sync again and let us know if you are still seeing an issue, thanks!

Cheers,
Don

Hi Don,
Now on 4.2.2.0 and still the same I’m afraid.
Dave

@DGibbs
Hey Dave, thanks for getting back to me and sorry to hear that there is still an issue. Can you open Googl Drive in a browser and see if there is a “sync.lock” file in Google Drive in the Zetetic\Shards folder and if so, delete it and then try the sync again. Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Cheers,
Don

Hi Don,
No, all there are is loads of changesets files and one metadata.
I should say that I can sync fine from my phone but not my Windows 10 PC.
Dave

This is weird though, I’ve been using Strip then Codebook on many devices for nearly twenty years and never had a problem before.
Dave

Hi @DGibbs

I’m sorry to hear about the continued trouble with syncing. Would you close Codebook for Windows from the File → Exit Application menu item. Next, open Windows Explorer and paste the following path into the address bar, hitting enter afterwards:

%APPDATA%\Zetetic LLC\Strip\sync\cloud

Do you see a file called sync.lock present? If so, would you delete it, then launch Codebook for Windows and attempt a sync again. We look forward to hearing your results.

Hi,
Closed Codebook
Checked task manager, it isn’t listed
Found sync.lock in path you specified
Deleted
Reran Codebook
Tried sync
Gets to 5% Initializing Synchronization
Sync.lock reappears in folder
Then wait 30 seconds or so, still stuck on 5%
Then get popup message “Failed to upload file: \path\sync.lock”
Hit OK in popup
Second popup appears “An error occurred attempting to create a sync.lock file during synchronization”
Hit OK in popup
Drops back to codebook
Checked and sync.lock file is back in folder %APPDATA%\Zetetic LLC\Strip\sync\cloud

Does that help?
Dave

@DGibbs
Hey Dave, I think we might need to so some additional troubleshooting on this issue. Would you mind emailing us at support@zetetic.net so we can create a support ticket for you and send over some instructions to grab a diagnostic sync log on the Windows machine that we can take a look at and see what’s going on, thanks!

Cheers,
Don