Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (I’ve looked and the nearest similar idea I saw was about setting up a Templates category) . Maybe it’s not such a simple idea, but could we have a button simply to duplicate an entry, then edit it? This exists for instance in Google Calendar.
Thank you for your support of Codebook and for posting to the discussion forum.
You can copy an Entry within Codebook and then paste it into the desired category.
Here’s how to copy/paste an entry depending on which platform(s) you’re using:
- Long press on the Entry in the Entries list you’d like to copy and select “Copy”.
- Navigate to the Category you’d like to paste into and long press anywhere on the Entries list and select Paste (alternatively, navigate to the bottom of the Entries list within the Category and select the “Paste Entry” row).
- Long press on the Entry in the Entries list you’d like to copy and select “Copy Entry”
- Navigate to the Category yo’d like to paste into and long press anywhere on the Entries list and select “Paste Entry”
- Select the Entry you’d like to copy from the Entries list.
- Access Edit menu > Copy (or CMD + C, or the toolbar item which looks like two pages next to each other).
- Navigate to the Category you’d like to paste into and access Edit menu > Paste (or CMD + V, or the toolbar item which looks like a page with a clipboard next to it).
Let me know if this is the functionality that you’re looking for and these steps allow you to copy/paste an entry. Thanks!