iPhone 12 iOS - Fails to Setup Changes

I get a “Failed to setup changes to be applied from remote” when setting up Codebook in a new iPhone 12.

The iPhone is running iOS 12.4.1, Codebook is version 4.3.1. This takes place when syncing from Google Drive.

I have install this version of Codebook in an iPad running the same version of iOS. In the iPad it works and Codebook gets installed; however, in the iPhone I’m getting a “Failed to setup changes to be applied from remote” error message.

I haven’t found this error code in the knowledge base. Also, I have re-install the app several times and still get the same error.

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks,

Hey @emilio_apey

It sounds like something may have gone awry with your sync state.

As long as your iPad has your most up-to-date Codebook data present

Please try these steps:

1. Enable Sync Operations on your iPad by following these steps: https://www.zetetic.net/codebook/documentation/sync-operations/?platform=ios#enabling
  2. Set the operation to Overwrite then tap “Start” in the upper right hand corner to Overwrite your cloud service’s synced Codebook data with what’s on your iPad.
  3. Enable Sync Operations on your iPhone by following these steps: https://www.zetetic.net/codebook/documentation/sync-operations/?platform=ios#enabling
  4. Set the operation to Restore then tap “Start” in the upper right hand corner to Restore from your cloud service to pull down the data you just overwrote from your iPad to the cloud service.

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you. Thanks!

If anyone else is reading this post and you’re in the same situation, please contact us at support@zetetic.net before performing these steps and they could potentially be destructive if you perform these steps from a device that doesn’t have your most up-to-date Codebook data.

Thank you, this fixed my issue.

@emilio_apey

Great. Glad I could help.

Please feel free to reach out again (either on the discussion forum or directly to our support at support@zetetic.net) if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback.