Iphone sync w/dropbox: can't enter password in app

Codebook on my iphone used to work fine sync’ing via dropbox. But now, in the “Sync” menu, when I click on “Account - Tap to Connect”, it jumps to my iphone web browser to try and login to dropbox.com.

But that iphone web browser dropbox login doesn’t work (I’m not sure why. The same Dropbox username/password works on my regular computer. I recently turned off two factor. Maybe that’s it? ).

Isn’t Codebook supposed to prompt for my Dropbox password within the Codebook app and not jump out to the web browser?

Thanks
Ben

Hi @BenSlade,

Sorry for the trouble. Do you have the Dropbox app on your iPhone as well? If you do you might launching it, logging out, and logging back in, since your authentication settings recently changed.

The Dropbox feature in Codebook will attempt to auth with the Dropbox app if present, otherwise it will pop you out to Mobile Safari to authenticate and authorize Codebook. The end of that process redirects back to Codebook from either the Dropbox app or Safari. Codebook does not load

But that iphone web browser dropbox login doesn’t work (I’m not sure why. The same Dropbox username/password works on my regular computer. I recently turned off two factor. Maybe that’s it?)

Is it a matter of nothing happening after you authenticate (i.e. no redirect back into Codebook), or something else like the page not loading?

You’re also welcome to try the latest beta we’ll be testing soon, which updates the sync feature to use Dropbox’s new API version 2.

Thanks for the detailed response. I’ll try loading the Dropbox app onto my
phone tonight.

Ben

Installing the Dropbox app on my iphone (and logging into Dropbox via the
Dropbox app before using Codebook) worked for me.

Thanks for the help.

Ben Slade
Kensington MD.