macOS Touch ID support

Can Codebook on macOS have Touch ID support. Most recent Mac laptops have Touch ID support. It would make using it more convenient.

1 Like

Hi @Felghana

Thanks for using Codebook and posting to the discussion forum with this feature request. Touch ID authentication on macOS is something we’d like to add, but I can’t comment on the timeline for it being added. Beta testers get early access to new features of Codebook, if you’d be interested in beta testing future updates please feel free to reach out to us at support@zetetic.net

Otherwise, be on the lookout for the new feature in a future update. Thanks!

@Felghana

I just wanted to follow up on this and let you know we’re currently beta testing a version of Codebook for macOS that includes Touch ID support. If you’d be interested in trying it out, please feel free to reach out to us at support@zetetic.net or pm me here on discuss. Thanks!

Hi @Felghana, we have released version 3.7.0 of Codebook for macOS, which includes our new Touch ID login feature. Update to the latest version, launch Codebook, and visit the Preferences window where you can enable the new feature under the Locking tab.

Thanks again for your input!

Works great. Nice feature