New icon requests thread

Over on our post about Codebook 4 an interesting discussion came up in the replies about image handling and the possibility of a custom icons feature. We’re not committing to that at the moment, but we are taking requests for new icons, and there are some good suggestions in that thread. Is something missing from the current icon set that you’d really like to see added? Please let us know. Feel free to reply below or email us directly at support@zetetic.net.

Hi Everyone! I have more than 300 records stored in Codebook. Due to the current icon set, it’s really difficult to find icons for some of my records. I would really like to see icons for the following services:
• Dropbox
• Box
• eBay
• Evernote
• Firefox
• Fly Buys
• Instagram
• Netflix
• Opera Browser
• WhatsApp
• Yahoo
• Yelp
• YouTube
• Zetetic
• Zoho
• 1Password
• Gmail
• ProtonMail
• PayPal
• Bitwarden
• Dashlane
• Enpass
• LastPass

I would really like to see icons for the above services. There are so many records of mine, that’s difficult to find icons for, so I’m leaving the design of new icons up to you.

I sincerely thank you in advance.

1 Like

Thanks for these suggestions, Mornay!

When using STRIP, I find that I’m often unable to locate an icon that seems to match the type of account I’m setting up. Here are some examples from my own usage:

• Restaurants: I have many accounts dedicated to food ordering or restaurant web sites, but there’s no icon that really says “Dining” in the icon set. Ideally there’d be a few icons, to represent different types of food: Burgers, sandwiches, bubble tea, steak, salad, etc.
  • Forums: There seem to be no icons that suggest “discussion forum” or “chat site”.
  • Games: There’s an icon specifically for MTG, for some reason, but that icon could only be used for ONE web site, presumably. There’s a “card game” and a “gaming controller” icon, and that’s about it. Some variation for different types of games (board games, the various makes of consoles, streaming sites, etc) would be useful.
  • Shopping: There are some generic “shopping bag” icons, and one Amazon icon (which, I mean, that icon can only be used for one web site), but think about the variations in shopping sites that exist: Hardware stores, electronics, food stores, auction sites, clothing stores, etc. Some variety will come in handy.

I sometimes wonder if the idea that you need to pre-load a set of icons that works for everyone is unworkable. What if, instead, you just leveraged the large set of Emoji fonts that almost every device already has loaded on it? Then you could just store Unicode code points instead of trying to carry a standard set of pictures around. Something to think about.