Revealed password field - problem?

Codebook v3.1.6 (446) on iOS 9.3.5 on an iPhone 5

Hello,

Noticed an odd behaviour in the UI and I’m not sure if it’s a bug.

I’m looking at one of my entries with 9 fields. 3 of these are password fields. The last field is a password field.

If I ‘reveal’ this last password field’s contents, then scroll up so that this password field disappears off the bottom of the viewport (and the field above it), then scroll back down to show the field again, the field has been ‘hidden’. The ‘reveal’ option is needed again to show that password field’s contents.

I can make this happen even on a password field that is 3rd last on this list if I force the scroll up so that the field above the password field scrolls off the bottom of the viewport.

Is this expected behaviour?

Thank you.

Hi @teracow

If I ‘reveal’ this last password field’s contents, then scroll up so that this password field disappears off the bottom of the viewport (and the field above it), then scroll back down to show the field again, the field has been ‘hidden’. The ‘reveal’ option is needed again to show that password field’s contents.

This is the current expected behavior. iOS only draws the field tableview’s rows that are present on the screen, so when you scroll up and scroll back down again, it re-draws the cells that weren’t present on the screen before (It de-queues a cached reusable cell, although it currently determines whether to mask the field based on the is_masked flag). The reveal option is intended to be temporary, whereas the is_masked flag (associated with the label) persists.

Re-thinking this, we believe it would be useful (as you’ve suggested) to have a field that’s been manually revealed persist until the user manually hides it again or leaves the entry. We’ll work on making the adjustment and get a new beta build out soon.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Cheers,
Micah

Hi @teracow

Just wanted to give an update on this. We just released a beta v3.1.6 (build 449) which should modify the behavior of the manual “Reveal”/“Hide” so that it persists as long as you’re on that entry’s view. Let us know what you think when you have a chance to try it out. Thanks!

If anyone else is viewing this thread and would like to beta test the update, please feel free to reach out to us at support@zetetic.net

Cheers,
Micah

Okiedoke, will do. :slight_smile:

Hi Micah,

I’ve installed #449 and can confirm that the reported behaviour has now changed as you indicated.

However, during my frantic swiping around, I found that if I:

1. reveal a password field,

2. perform a small swipe from left-to-right (partly revealing the previous screen), then let go,

3. the revealed password field is hidden again.

Suggest that this only happen for a full swipe from left-to-right to return to the previous screen (go back). May not be needed for a small (or partial) swipe.

Thoughts?

Hi @teracow

Just rolled out 3.1.6 (build 451) for beta testers. This should resolve the slightly swiping left to right resetting the manually revealed/hidden fields on the entry view. It should now only reset them when you completely leave the entry view.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,
Micah

Installed #451 and it all looks good.

Thanks Micah. :slight_smile: