Setup Your Sync Key Not working?

I am using a new M1 macbook with CodeBook version 4.3.6 from the apple app store. I have CodeBook setup on my old computer and printed the QR code sync key. On the new M1 macbook I select “Setup You Sync Key” on that screen it is of course asking “Have you already created your sync key in another copy of codebook” when I click the big white “Yes” button. the Yes letters disappear but nothing happens? If I click “No” it actually continues to allow me to setup a new key (which of course I don’t want).

Why is the Yes button not working?

D Myers

Hey @Don_Myers

Thanks very much for using Codebook and posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. We’ve identified a bug in the latest release of Codebook for macOS 4.3.6 distributed through the Mac App Store which causes the next screen for importing your Sync Key to not show up (after clicking the Yes button). We’ve got a fix for this and it will be included in the next update. In the mean time, I’d like to provide you with a workaround:

1. Delete the Codebook for macOS App Store version from /Applications
  2. Download the trial version of Codebook for macOS Direct version here: Download Codebook for macOS - Zetetic (select “I already have a license”)
  3. Run the pkg installer to install the direct version of Codebook for macOS. Launch it and login. Go to Sync menu > Setup Sync Key and choose Yes to import your Sync Key.
  4. After completing the Sync Key Import, quit and close Codebook and remove it from the /Applications location. Download the Mac App Store version of Codebook again, launch it and your Sync Key will be present and you should be able to sync.

Let me know if this allows you to import your Sync Key and sync. I’ll be happy to help if you run into any issues. We’re also available at support@zetetic.net if you’re prefer to contact us there. Thanks!