Sync between android phone and Dropbox

Sync between android phone and Dropbox takes 5 mins. Why?

Hello @Miroslav

Thank you for reaching out, 5 minutes certainly does sound like a long time for the synchronization to complete. A few follow-up questions:

• Did the synchronization complete?
  • How large is your database?
  • Have you previously synchronized with Codebook for Android and Dropbox on that device?
  • What does integrity check report?
  • Do you synchronize with Codebook and Dropbox on any other machines/devices?

You can find the database size in the Settings screen, then within Database Info. You can run an integrity check report from the Settings screen as well. Dropbox has not reported any recent service outages.

Hi Nick,

I have tested again on my mobile (LG G3) recently. Restore operation took 6 seconds, sync operation cca 2 mins, both succeeded.

I might have old phone with only 3 GB RAM for sync. I am happy now with working restore operation, you can close the ticket.

Thank you, Miroslav

Hello @Miroslav

Thank you for your follow-up. There may be many things at play causing the additional delay when performing a synchronization such as network speed and file size as a a synchronization performs a bidirectional sync. If it continues to be an issue, please feel free to reach out again, we would be happy to help diagnose it further. Thanks!