"Sync Error - A task was cancelled" on Win 10

Lately when I try to sync with dropbox, it will get to “90% - Updating dropbox database”, then after a short time “Sync Error - A task was cancelled”. I’ve read “compacting the database” can solve some issues, but of course, I’m unable to do that because it refuses to sync. Turning off the AV and firewall make no difference. Downloading the database from scratch from dropbox, then trying to sync again, leads to the same error message.

I’m using the latest version of Windows 10 and Codebook.

Hi @berlee

Thanks for using Codebook and posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with Dropbox sync.

I have a few preliminary questions/suggestions to get us started with troubleshooting:

• Do you have space available in your Dropbox account?
  • If you run integrity check via File > Integrity check does it report any errors? If so does Codebook sync successfully afterwards?

Downloading the database from scratch from dropbox, then trying to sync again, leads to the same error message.

• If you login to Dropbox via a web browser after this, go to the Zetetic Folder and rename the strip.db file to strip-old.db and then attempt to sync again, does it complete successfully?
  • Are you syncing to Dropbox with any other Codebook devices? And if so are they still able to sync successfully?
  • If you haven’t already, could you try restarting your computer and see if the results change

Let me know the results. Thanks!

OK, despite the “Integrity Check” step not helping in the past (if it had found errors or not), this time it allowed me to Sync and then Compact Database.

A following test Sync failed again.

After doing an Overwrite, a few following test Syncs have worked, at least for now. All other devices are behaving.

@berlee

Glad to hear sync is working again for you. Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback. Thanks!