Thanks for all those responses and the further information.
So a couple of additional suggestions:
Could you run an integrity check on each of your devices and re-try syncing if anything comes up and is fixed.
If nothing comes up, or the Integrity Check doesn’t resolve the issue. Let’s try exporting your Codebook for Windows data, moving the data out of the way and syncing with a fresh database. Here are the steps:
- In Codebook for Windows, go to File > Export All and choose a location to put the plain text CSV file. Take a quick look at it after exporting to verify your records are present.
- Quit and Close Codebook. Open File Explorer and type this location in the Address Bar:
%APPDATA%\Zetetic LLC \Strip Within that location there should be an
strip.db (your encrypted Codebook database) a
settings.db (your encrypted Codebook settings database) and a backups folder (containing your encrypted Codebook database backups). Take all 3 of these and move them outside of that location (onto the Desktop in a folder “Old Codebook db” or something of the sort).
- Start Codebook, it will prompt you to setup a fresh database – set it up using the same master password as your iPhone.
- Attempt to sync with Dropbox (this should populate all the data from your encrypted database on Dropbox). Now attempt to make a change on an iPhone, sync it to Dropbox, then sync your Codebook for Windows Computer to Dropbox and ensure that the change propagates. Then try one in the other direction – Make a change on your Codebook for Windows Computer, sync with Dropbox, then sync your iPhone with Dropbox and ensure the change propagates.
- If the syncs go through in both directions in step 4, check the exported CSV from step 1 to see if there’s any records on from the previous Codebook for Windows database that weren’t synced out previously and re-add/adjust them to match the CSV, then sync it out so your other devices get those changes.
Please let me know if this allows your data to propagate between Codebook for Window and Codebook for iPhone via Dropbox sync. Thanks!