Sync issue Mac to ipad using wifi

I am trialling the codebook desktop app and want to buy it but have bought the ipad app and cannot get them to sync over Wifi – the app is seeing my macbook, but keeps telling me it has timed out when I try to sync.

I don’t want to pay for the full desktop app as well unless I can be sure it will sync – can you help please

Hello @charlotte

Thank you for writing us with regard to Codebook, although I’m sorry to hear about the issue you are seeing.

It can be very difficult to troubleshoot network issues due to the large number of variables involved, but there are definitely a few things we can try here. We’ve written up a short set of common troubleshooting instructions here:

Would you mind giving some of the suggestions in this document a try, and let us know what you find?

If none of these options work, it might be worthwhile to use Dropbox or Google Drive to sync your data, as it bypasses many of the common issues with WIFI synchronization. Here is a brief document that explains how to sync via alternate methods.

I am so embarassed about this – turns out I had the mac and the ipad connected to different wifi networks………………great service tho thanks for your help!

Hello @charlotte

No worries at all, we are happy to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Take care!