Syncing after migrating to new devices

I moved to a new Mac laptop. I migrated to a new iPhone. Codebook came across in the two migrations. BUT now I’d like to sync. I thought I’d tried syncing after the migrations but perhaps I’m wrong. I’ve been changing and adding data on both the phone and the laptop since the upgrades. Today I trying to sync I get “The operation couldn’t be completed. Connection refused.” Any clues why the connection is being refused? WiFi sync, both devices on the same network and I’d have thought the sync key would have migrated with codebook.

Hi @freedatanot

Thanks for your support of Codebook and for posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry to hear about the trouble after migrating to new devices.

It sounds like the connection between your iPhone and your Mac isn’t being made. A couple of preliminary suggestions:

1. Make sure your Mac’s computer is set to Desktop WiFi under Codebook menu > Preferences > Sync Tab and make sure it remains open and unlocked when attempting to sync.
  2. Make sure your iPhone is allowing Codebook through Local Network privacy. This can be found under iOS Settings > Privacy > Local Network, make sure the switch next to Codebook is on.
  3. On your iPhone, visit the [More] > Sync view and even if your computer name is already filled in within the Computer row, select the computer row again (which will display a local network browser), does your Computer name show up in the Local Network list there? If so, please re-select it.

If none of these are helpful, could you try restarting your devices/router and see if that helps at all. These suggestions along with a few other are listed here: Codebook Help - Troubleshooting WiFi Sync

You’re also welcome to write us at our support email address for private support if you’d prefer: support@zetetic.net

Let me know if any of these suggestions help. Thanks!