The Sync Operations Menu is Not Displaying

On Desktop Codebook configured for Wi-Fi sync the Opt-Sync menu does not include an “Operation” sub-menu. Only the “Sync Information…” and “Sync Log…” sub menus appear.

Configuration:

MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6)
Codebook 4.1.0 (820) from the MacOS App Store

IOS 13.5
Codebook 4.1.0 (890)

Where is the necessary overwrite, restore, and merge functionality hidden?

Hey @JFS

Thanks for using Codebook and posting to the discussion forum.

When WiFi sync is selected, the operation menu won’t show up on the Desktop side. You need to set the Operation from the initiating mobile device side (the iOS device in your case).

We’re going to update our documentation to add in a note to reflect this to make it clearer.

Please let me know if you’re able to display the operation menu on the iOS device and perform the operation you desire. Thanks!

Hmmm. Funny that, because the online documentation shows “Operation” being selected on the desktop app. How very hopeful of me that the documentation would match the software’s performance. What was I thinking.

There is no gesture, tap, shake, or other magical incantation that will bring up an Operation menu on the IOS app.

Please advise,

– Jesse Shumway

@JFS

Funny that, because the online documentation shows “Operation” being selected on the desktop app

Yes for cloud service sync you’ll want to set the operation from the Desktop application.

How very hopeful of me that the documentation would match the software’s performance. What was I thinking.

The Documentation for Enabling Operations for macOS/Windows has been updated to include the note about Desktop WiFi.

There is no gesture, tap, shake, or other magical incantation that will bring up an Operation menu on the IOS app.

What iOS device are you using (iPad/iPhone model)? You’re following the instructions here to long press on the Sync Navigation title, correct?

iPhone 6s here with 3-D touch enabled. There are no screens titled “Sync Navigation” and the “Sync” titled field doesn’t respond to the normal touch pressure and timing. I have to press it much harder and for considerably longer than normal to display the “ADVANCED OPTIONS” group. Perhaps the field’s location at the edge of the display makes it less responsive? Anyway, now that we’ve unlocked the secret I can use it to recover from future database corruptions.

– Jesse Shumway