Types of Data that can be Stored in STRIP

What kind of data can I store in STRIP? Can I attach images or other files?

At this time, STRIP does not support attaching images or other files to your records (there are plans to support this in a future version). However, STRIP is a very flexible application, allowing you to store in it any data you care to type out. Currently STRIP supports the storage of textual data only. When you add a new Field to an Entry you will be prompted to choose a label, dictating what type of data you are entering (password, numeric, phone number, etc). These labels define behaviors in the application for certain types (e.g. launching a website). If you don’t see an appropriate label for your field, you can add a new one and set the type to any of the following:

• Text Field
  • Password with generator
  • PIN with generator
  • Multi Line Note
  • URL/Website
  • Numeric Field
  • Email Address
  • Telephone Number
  • Date
  • TOTP Key

These field types are provided for your convenience, and to offer you editing controls optimized for the mobile device. The generators go one step further by allowing you to generate random passwords (or numeric sequences). Email addresses can be launched in Mail, URLs can be launched by the registered application or Safari, Telephone Numbers can be launched in Phone.

I’m using v2.5.4 (on Windows7 & IOS) and was looking for a date type field. According to the list you have posted, there is one but I am unable to find it. I am still hopeful that Strip will eventually allow me to easily update (with the click of a button) a date field with the system date. I will then be able to check my last update with the last date recorded by my web account provider. Meanwhile I’ll cope with just a simple regionally formatted date field.

Hi @deejayw, a Date label should be available by default for your fields when you first install STRIP, but perhaps this was not the case for one or both copies?

To see what labels are available in STRIP for iOS:

• Launch STRIP on your iPhone or iPad, sign in
  • Tap on Settings -> Customize Labels
  • Is there a Date field listed? If not, you should be able to add one and set the Mode to Date

To see what labels are available in STRIP for Windows:

• Launch STRIP on your PC, sign in
  • Click on the File menu -> Customize Labels
  • Is there a Date field listed? If not, you should be able to add one and set the Mode to Date

Please let us know if that helps!

Hi

Thanks for your informative response.

I checked IOS labels and the date type is present in the pick list but it is not on Windows (on either of my machines), even if adding a new label.

David

Hi @deejayw

We will add the ‘date’ mode to STRIP for Windows in the next release. In the interim you can just use the ‘field’ mode to store your value.