Hi @jeffyoung2015, sorry to hear about the trouble. Sometimes the initial restore of all apps and associated data doesn’t take and an additional restore from your most recent backup in iCloud should do the trick.
In addition, if you have STRIP with all your records on your Mac, you can do a restore sync from STRIP on your iPhone to have that data copied over. One way you could do this:
- Launch STRIP on your Mac and sign in
- Open STRIP menu and select Preferences, then the Sync tab
- Check that Sync is enabled and WiFi is selected
- Keep STRIP on your Mac open and signed in, and switch over to your iPhone 6
- Launch STRIP on your iPhone 6 and sign in
- Tap on the Sync view
- Set Operation to Restore
- Set Mode to WiFi
- Tap on Computer and you should see your desktop in the list, tap on it
- Tap on the Start button at the top of the Sync view
That should perform a restore over WiFi. Other sync methods are available as well, Dropbox and Google Drive. We have a Getting Started guide for Sync that describes these features as well as WiFi sync.
Please let us know if that helps!