Password problem

Hi @legarrett

Thank you for your support of Codebook and for posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. I have a few questions and some preliminary suggestions:

Questions:

1. What desktop platform is this occurring on (Windows or Mac)?
  2. Do you receive an invalid password message on the login screen when you attempt to enter your Codebook Master Password? Or does something else occur (i.e. crash, separate error message)?

Suggestions:

1. First I’d recommend unmasking the Codebook Master Password field on the login screen of Codebook for Desktop to confirm that you’re indeed entering the password you are. Also make sure that your Caps Lock button is off when entering it.
  2. If that still doesn’t allow you to login to Codebook for Desktop, because you have all your Codebook data present on your iOS device, we can reset Codebook for Desktop (to clear out all the existing Codebook data there), set it up new, import your Sync Key and sync. Here’s the link for how to reset Codebook for Desktop: Resetting Codebook and here are the instructions for syncing it when setting it up fresh: Codebook Help - Syncing with a New Device

Please let me know the answers to those questions and the results of the suggestions. I’ll be happy to help if you have any questions or run into any issues along the way. Thanks!