Re-install Strip to mac, with confliting sync concerns

Hi, Strip failed to start, I thought no problem Ill just reinstall Strip back to my mac Book and then sync with my drop-box to update the Strip-Data storage. But just continue conflicting issue…any idea…?

Hello @Macman

I’m sorry to hear you are seeing issues with STRIP. Could you tell us a bit more about the issue you are seeing, are you only seeing it on STRIP for OS X? We would be glad to help. If you would prefer, you can also contact us privately at support@zetetic.net.

Hi, I have 3 devices with Strip – iPhone, Dropbox & MacBook. After clean reinstall of Mac OS & Strip in an attempt to activate strip,NO luck. All systems share the same password. After a new clean install of Strip with Same password, I attempt to sync with same password as Dropbox sync. Getting error, then no longer able login into strip via MacBook ( The Password you supplied was incorrect… Any idea…?

Bump, awaiting your response…

Hi @Macman, sorry to miss your post. Did you install it from the Mac App Store, or did you buy STRIP directly from Zetetic?

Back to your original problem:

Strip failed to start

How were you launching STRIP on your Mac when it failed to start, and did anything happen at all? Did you receive an error message from the system, or a crash notification?

Do you remember what version of STRIP for OS X you were using before you reinstalled STRIP? The current version is 2.5.1, and it has a minimum OS version of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.

, I thought no problem Ill just reinstall Strip back to my mac Book

STRIP stores data in your Home folder, so if you delete or reinstall your app, the data you’ve been working with is still there on your Mac. We have a separate process for resetting STRIP—was this a reinstall, or did you also reset the data at that point?

As to you now no longer being able to sign in to STRIP on your Mac, I don’t know why your new password isn’t being accepted, but I think you should be able to reset the app and set a new one following the instructions here.

and then sync with my drop-box to update the Strip-Data storage. But just continue conflicting issue…any idea…?

What happens when you initiate a sync with Dropbox in STRIP for OS X—is there an error message about a conflicting password, or perhaps a schema version conflict? If you could kick off a new sync and copy the error message for us that would be really helpful.

Finally, when you reinstall STRIP, how are you doing this? Is the latest version of the app in the Applications folder? And do you have older versions of STRIP on your Mac, perhaps in the Applications or Downloads folders?

Thanks!