Recent sync problems

I’ve recently discovered I’m having sync problems between my iPhone and Win10…Although I seem to go through the sync process successfully, the information within is not sync’d and I cannot find the same information on both devices. Specifically, there are recent entries on my Windows version that is not transferred to my iPhone version. I’m using the latest iOS and Windows 4.2.2.0 on my PC.

On my phone, I have the same Options selected as usual (Desktop WiFi and the code for my computer), and it says it’s successfully sync’d (it even shows my “Last sync 06:38 AM” this morning), but the information doesn’t seem affected. On my desktop screen I get the moving blue bar during the process and the indication in the lower left corner that says “Sync Complete”. There is only one code for a computer (i.e. only one computer to sync to).

This has been quite recent – I’ve had no problems with the Sync Key method - but I’m not sure exactly how long because I sync frequently but don’t have occasion to check it – I just assume it’s been done correctly. However in the last few weeks I’ve gone to look up something in input on my computer, and realized it’s not on my phone. Since then I’ve purposely checked for those entries after a sync, and they just don’t sync up.

Hi @Calliope

Thanks for using Codebook and posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with data not syncing over. It sounds like your sync state may have become inconsistent and needs to be corrected. Please follow the steps below:

Make a copy of your Codebook for Windows data as an added precaution

1. On your Windows machine, quit and close Codebook if it’s open.
  2. Open File Explorer and paste this in the address bar: %APPDATA%\Zetetic LLC\ then hit enter.
  3. Within that a location is a Strip folder, make a copy of the folder and paste is onto the Desktop.

Perform a Merge operation

1. Leave Codebook fro Windows open and unlocked with its Sync preference set to Desktop WiFi.
  2. Follow these steps to enable advanced sync operations in your iPhone: https://www.zetetic.net/codebook/documentation/sync-operations/?platform=ios#enabling
  3. Press start in the upper right hand corner of the Sync view on your iPhone to perform the Merge operation and select a conflict authority (from your description it sounds like you’ll want to select your Windows machine as the conflict authority).
  4. Confirm the missing data comes over properly.
  5. Make a test change, perform a standard sync operation and confirm the data transfers properly.

Let me know the results and if you have any questions or run into any issues along the way. Thanks!

Thanks – so far, so good. I put in a few dummy entries to make sure it worked, and it passed! Thanks so much!

@Calliope

Excellent news. Glad I could help.

Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback.

You can also write us at our private support inbox here: support@zetetic.net