STRIP for Windows 2.5.0 was originally released earlier this week, we have subsequently released two patch releases to include a few additional items culminating in the current version of 2.5.2. The highlights for this release include:
- Add autocomplete field value support
- Add support for Dropbox client API integration
- Add support for purchasing license within application
- Add 14 day trial mode support
- Add Ctrl+C copy behavior to field value selection within Secret Agent
- Improve note editing experience, field value window will now display multiline notes properly
- Improve shutdown speed
- Disable login prompt from displaying automatically when auto lock triggered
- Fix error when export data to CSV file
- Fix sorting of custom labels
- Fix default selected label when adding new field to an entry - now the selected item will be the first item in the list based on your sort selection
- Fix copy behavior from context menu on field
- Fix shortcut icon for running STRIP for Windows at Windows login
- Fix missing password generator button
- Fix selection issue when search field lost focus
- Fix URL address to STRIP site in About window
To begin with, we have added an often requested feature, autocomplete for field values! We are as excited as you are, you no longer need to manually type the same email address over and over again when creating or editing field entries. Autocomplete will work on all fields, except those where the label’s mode is set to password or pin.
Next we have integrated Dropbox API support directly within STRIP for Windows, you no longer need to have the Dropbox client application installed or running on Windows to synchronize with Dropbox. Please note, the first time to attempt a synchronization with Dropbox in STRIP for Windows, you will be prompted to login to Dropbox within the application. This will occur only once. The note editing experience has been improved considerably, now allowing for proper resizing of the note editor when entering multiple lines. When STRIP for Windows locks, the login window will no longer appear until you attempt to access STRIP, either from the systray icon, or via Secret Agent.
STRIP for Windows is now available for a 14 day trial period. If you know someone who might be interested in trying STRIP for Windows, please have them visit this page to request a free trial. If they like it, they can purchase a license directly within the application. We have also included various fixes within the application to provide a more streamlined experience. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to us here.