Sync reminder (nag)

The reminder to sync nag is a little annoying. Especially on an iPhone in portrait mode, when active and clicking sync. The banner drops down from the top and obscures the visual feedback displayed also at the top.

It should be more clear how to disable the nag. And/or, placement of artifacts should be considered.

But it is just plain dumb to trigger the nag drop down each time you click the “Sync” button. Do I really need a reminder when I am actually syncing?

Hi @edtorrey

Thanks for using Codebook and for posting, although I’m sorry for the trouble/annoyance. There was a bug in the last release of Codebook for iOS which caused the sync reminder (nag) as you mentioned to be displayed at the beginning and end of sync. We just release 3.1.14 earlier today which should resolve this issue. It will still nag you once every couple of weeks, but we think that’s appropriate as we’ve found that many users are not syncing regularly. If you sync within that two week period it will reset the reminder timer for another two weeks (i.e. you should never see the sync reminder if you sync once every couple of weeks).

Could you try updating to 3.1.14 and let us know if it fixes the reminder appearing at the beginning and end of sync for you?

It should be more clear how to disable the nag. And/or, placement of artifacts should be considered.

If you’d like to disable the sync notification reminders you can go to Settings app → Notifications → Codebook → Switch off “Allow Notifications”

We really appreciate the feedback. Please let me know if i’ve left anything unaddressed.

Cheers,
Micah

Micah,

The 3.1.14 iPhone release seems to have fixed the nagging Sync with Nag before and after problem. We are good now.
Thank you
Gene

Gene,

Excellent. Glad to hear the update resolved the issue, and sorry again for the trouble in the first place.

Have a Happy Holiday!

Cheers,
Micah