Toolbar Customization on Codebook Mac

Hi - on codebook for mac, like other apps, I’d like to be able to customize the icons that appear in the toolbar. I tried option-click or ctrl-click but that is not enabled.

I would rather not have the delete icons there, because they make me a little nervous that I’ll mess up and click one accidentally, losing some important piece of info.

My thinking is: when I need to delete, I’ll poke in the menu, or, use a keystroke.

It would be great if you could consider enabling this. Usually you can option or ctrl-click the menu, and select the icons that appear from a little modal UI.

Hi @rickcogley

Thanks for the feedback. Customizing the toolbar should be included in one of our upcoming releases.

they make me a little nervous that I’ll mess up and click one accidentally, losing some important piece of info.

Codebook should always prompt you to confirm a delete operation, so you shouldn’t be able to accidentally delete an entry/category with one click.

That’s an example when I tap the icon to delete an entry. The same confirm dialog comes up when you tap to delete a category (although it says “Deleting this category will cause all of its data to be destroyed, including it’s entries and fields”)

Ah, it does indeed. Thanks.

Glad to hear about the toolbar customization in the future.